On Thursday, June 20, 2019, MU DOT MY PLT was invited to attend a Google’s Talk at Google Malaysia. This is one of the sharing talk session of Malaysia Tech Week that organized by Malaysia Digital Economy Corporation (MDEC). About 50 people attended the talk.
The sharing talk named ‘Sharing of Latest Digital Entrepreneurship Tools by Google’ was presented by Flo Yeow, the Sr. Account Strategist of Google Malaysia. The talk mainly covers four topics which included Google My Business, Google Ads, Smart Shopping Campaign and YouTube Ads.
The schedule is packed with pitching sessions, meetup with investors, workshops, launching events, satellite shows, developer’s lab, talks, end with night crawl and networking session every night. Malaysia Tech Week covers a vast collection of topics including, proptech, e-commerce, Blockchain, Islamic Digital Economy, fashion tech, fintech and many more in multiple locations such as Wework, Common Ground, Dojo KL, WORKQ, Wotso, Orbit and Co-labs
Google My Business
Now everyone can get your business profile on Google for free. Your Business Profile appears right when people are searching for your business or businesses like yours on Google Search or Maps. Google My Business makes it easy to create and update your Business Profile – so you can stand out, and bring customers in.
- Create a free website in minutes. It’s easy to create a website with Google My Business. Your website auto-generates with info from your Business Profile, plus you can customise it with text, photos and design themes.
- Encourage customer actions by sharing helpful information. Make it count every time someone finds you on Search and Maps. It’s easy to keep your Business Profile fresh with new posts and photos, custom opening hours and a free website. You can even update your products/services menu in your Business profile.
- Keep your customers informed with regular updates. Give people an incentive to drop by – share your latest news, specials or offers so they know what’s happening and when.
- Engage online, and encourage customer loyalty. Build strong relationships with the people who matter most. Start a conversation with your customers by responding directly to messages and reviews.
- Discover how people find your business. Learn how customers are interacting with your Business Profile. How did people find you? Where are they coming from? With Google My Business, the answers are right here. Discover business insights to help your business profile stand out.
Mahir Digital Bersama Google
Learn today’s most in-demand skills with free, in-person workshops designed for Malaysian businesses.
Register for workshops in Kuala Lumpur. All workshops will be conducted by Google’s certified trainers. https://events.withgoogle.com/mahir-digital/
Local campaigns are designed to use Google advertising to bring business to your storefront. Local campaigns streamline the process for you, making it easy to promote your stores across Google’s largest properties including the Google Search Network, Maps, YouTube, and the Google Display Network. Just add a few lines of text, a bid, some assets, and the rest is optimized to help your users find you.
Smart Shopping Campaign
Smart Shopping Campaign is a new format in Google Ads. Smart Shopping campaigns feature Product Shopping ads and display ads (including display remarketing ads), and use automated ad placement and bidding to promote products from a product feed across Google networks.
YouTube is the largest TV channel in Malaysia. Flo presented about the importance of advertising on YouTube channel and how to capture the attention of your most valuable audience with the power of Google’s data and tools. He also showed some of the good video ads examples and how to capture the attention of the viewers in YouTube video ads. There’s a customisable button for viewers to click and take action immediately (eg: buy now, check details, visit website and etc).